First Time using a Tacho how to se to breaks?

stu675:
You need to do manual entries to comply with the law.
If you change the tacho to rest before you pull your card, yet you continue to do some work before you leave and do more work the next day before you put your card in then that is (whatever the illegal term is) unless you take a printout and manual entry that - [zb] that! Or you leave it on other work before you pull your card (as we did) and you get [zb] messages from the tacho instead of helpful ones to keep you right. (and when you get pulled by VOSA they’ll send you to prison if you haven’t already lost your job - so yes the company will insist).

Jeeez… Alarmist much? No, you really do not HAVE to do manual entries

My previous long term employer never asked us to do manual entries. If I did do some “other work” after I’d set my card to rest and ejected it (not that I did, unless you count dropping paperwork off into the office, which I don’t count as other work because I’m on my way home) then who would know besides me?

As for DVSA sending people to jail, they don’t, only Judges and Magistrates do that, and you have to be in court on a quite serious offence, like multiple events of creating a false driver record, or using someone elses digicard, or proven digital tachograph fraud, like this guy
smartcompliance.descartes.com/r … ers-hours/