The 7.5T Class 3 thread

stu675:

1van:
I’m starting on 7.5t next week as well, but I’ve got 5 days of training first before driving the week after. It’s going to be mainly going over driver’s hours, tacho use and use of the parcel scanning equipment etc. Don’t know if there is any getting used to the truck or not. Hoping it will be an auto as I don’t fancy all the clutch work I will have to do around west London.
Good luck for next week, hopefully you will have some tips before I start driving.

My agent told me I’d be going out for training as a 3rd man of a 2 man team before being sent out for real, but the client didn’t say anything like that on my assessment. So I’ll find out soon enough on Monday.
Being an assessment rather than training I didn’t get a lot of chance at familiarisation!
Can’t remember the reg, but it didn’t seem very old to me 65,000 on the clock. Will that be kilometers? Probably 65 weeks old at a guess?

I’m definitely glad I’ve got a week of training even if it is just going over the drivers hours, tacho etc, just to get it reinforced in my head. Hoping it will be an auto but I’m sure I will soon get used to a manual box. I will have to check the thread on manual gearboxes. I hope you will keep this post updated on how you get on.