Shift after interview

Juddian:

simcor:

Juddian:
Think you have only one viable choice here, you could go sick (but the truth will out when your card is downloaded) so that isn’t a choice really.

or ring up and explain what the score is, tell them you don’t want to let them down but obviously the normal shift you cover isn’t doable, up to them if they stand you down for the night, bring you in earlier or later and/or swap runs, or if you haven’t been there long they could if they get arsey enough let you go…the last i hope doesn’t happen but be prepared it could.
ring in asap, so they have more chance of covering the work, it will look better for you.

They couldn’t let someone go for going for an interview for another job it would be illegal. An employer cannot stop you going for a job interview. However they could get arsey and take it a disciplinary. But that’s alone wouldn’t be grounds for dismissal unless there’s are previous disciplinary warnings.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

OP’s a new driver so i assumed only been there a few weeks or months, it wouldn’t be letting him go for attending an interview it would be for failing to cover a planned shift, however it would appear the shift can be put back till midnight so hopefully not too many feathers are ruffled.
Maybe the company will appreciate our OP and enquire if they can match what he’s looking for elsewhere.

Good point I guess. But yes could depend on how long he’s been there.

But like you say maybe just maybe they might ask what they can do to keep him as well.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk