Next item for panic buyers

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:
Fuel, groceries, turkeys, toys, cars and trucks.
bbc.com/news/business-58721085
The next shortage will be sand.
A lot more will be needed for politicians to bury their heads in.

What a load of cods:

> Global vehicle production has been hit by a shortage of microchips. GLOBAL

See my post about our new Scanias, that everything on the passenger door doesn’t work, because of a missing Chinese chip

> With fewer new cars for sale,

Have you not seen the incredible stock pile of NEW cars, waiting to be bought, that they just can’t get rid of.

> Dairy giant Arla, which supplies milk to all major UK supermarkets, has been forced to cut back on its deliveries by the lack of lorry drivers.

Because ALL the drivers that they employed on minimum wages have GONE HOME!!

I did carry on reading the article, but can’t be arsed to comment
EDIT:-

Just wanted to add this though

> Timber prices in particular have been soaring, pushed up by shipping issues, supply chain problems and post-Brexit import rules.

TOTAL BLOX<> Timber prices are soaring all over Europe, SOD-ALL to do with Brexit
Mate of mine living here, he’s English, is a roofer and said
that prices of battons and beams have nearly tripled here, pine and oak.
Here in Normandie and parts of Brittany, we have loads of saw mills and a lot of them export Oak to the UK.
I used to drive for a UK haulier, loading mainly Oak but other timber too.
Picked up empty trailers in Cherbourg or Ouistreham, load said timber in various mills, then drop the trailer back at the port,
collect another empty and repeat procedure.

The BBC report clearly stated the silicon chip shortage was global. I never said otherwise.
What point are you making?
Don’t read what isn’t written

You posted a link of a BBC report, regarding shortages,
My comment was that this report is total, as per the usual, a load of BBC garbage.

My comments above are aimed at the report, NOT you !!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
But saying that, you were the one to post the link, maybe you should have read it through,
because it’s funny that you only criticise 1 item of my post :unamused: :unamused: