Any dates for the changes? What you think?

So am one of the many on here who is going through their training to become a LGV/HGV driver.

When do we all think these changes will kick in? Would hate to have just missed out and paid for my class 1 when patience would have benefited me.

Just passed Module 1. Got Module 2 next week then 20 hours driving (1 week intense course with the test on a Friday). My training provider will book the test on a Friday, and then ask me to come in that week.

Should I hold off? Also have my CPC booked 1st and 2nd week of October

Muddy K:
So am one of the many on here who is going through their training to become a LGV/HGV driver.

When do we all think these changes will kick in? Would hate to have just missed out and paid for my class 1 when patience would have benefited me.

Just passed Module 1. Got Module 2 next week then 20 hours driving (1 week intense course with the test on a Friday). My training provider will book the test on a Friday, and then ask me to come in that week.

Should I hold off? Also have my CPC booked 1st and 2nd week of October

Your lucky, I havent been able to find any theory tests in a 30 mile radius at all! Have tried staying up late to check aswell with no luck :neutral_face: In regards to your question, I would carry on as you are…we could be waiting ages yet but good luck with whatever you choose!

No-one knows when the proposed changes might happen. I am in direct contact with DVSA and I have little or no idea. I would suggest that folks carry on as normal. It’s not even definite that changes will happen - let alone when!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the replies.

I had my training provider book the date for my theory. Off the top of my head I got a date around 8 days later.

My test centre was 20 miles away.

I shall carry on then as planned