New rules - Provisional

Hi all

Another newbie/wannabe here. So I don’t intend starting my training until in the new year. I was going to send for my provisional so I can at least get my theory and medical out of the way. However, with the new rules coming in later this year I guess the provisional application will change to allow for C+E straight away? Am I just better to wait?

Thanks

Yes I think you should wait. Took me a week to book a medical, and 2 weeks to get my provisional (today).
It’s a long way to the new year although a mad rush might start when the rules change. Depends if you think the government is sensible enough to just add the provisional CE entitlement to the likes of me or it will only be to new applicants after a particular date.

IF the new proposed rules come into force (and no-one knows if they will or when) then it is understood that the CAT C provisional will be accepted as a CE provisional.

Given the current chaotic state of DVLA, it’s just as well. Otherwise the place would implode!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve just passed my theory, I didn’t realise the rules were not out yet. When do you think they will come in affect ?. I’ve got my pcv licence. Do you think they will scrap the CPC mod 2 and 4 too ?

Craig2222:
Do you think they will scrap the CPC mod 2 and 4 too ?

If they did then ALL the driver CPC would be scrapped and unfortunately I cannot see that easy money making scheme going that way