Rate the blue corsa driving? ( not me )

adam277:

Bin Man:

Bin drivers constantly in and out of the lorry. Chances are he jumped out and forgot to put the handbrake on.
One of the issues of bin drivers being on job and knock. Always in a rush to finish.

I have been working on bin wagons for a few years and not one has ever crashed due the drivers rushing to get finished, drivers rarely get out of the cab on the big town rounds as they are all 3 man crewed!

If you open a door in the Dennis wagons when the vehicle is moving even slightly a voice says “Driver apply the handbrake”

Yep all are supposed to have a warning. Yet, how many test that audible warning noise as apart of their daily checks? I’ve driven lorries before that have not had it.
Just google run away dustcarts. This is not an isolated incident. This has happened on multiple occasions.
I’ve also done dustcarts and it is a constant rush job and knock mentalility. Also it is not always a 3 man crew. It is supposed to be though.

Our drivers do their checks properly they have no reason to dodge anything as we have spare vehicles they can jump into should there be any defects.
I can imagine there are places where if something is not working and its not seen as a serious defect they will take the wagon out fortunately ours isn’t one.

Our big wagons are priority they always go out 3 crewed they never go out with just one loader as they would never finish, our smaller 12 ton bin wagons which do the rural rounds are usually double crewed but if we have a shortage they go out single crewed to allow the big wagons to be fully staffed.