Good/bad news

Depends on your view.
I think it’s bad.
Basiaclly radio and few news things are reporting
The “temporary”. Relaxation in drivers. Hours due to end. 3rd of October is apparently under discussion with govemment business leaders etc about extending it until January to cover Xmas and new year.

Guess im lucky in a way never used the extra hours and don’t intend to either

edd1974:
Depends on your view.
I think it’s bad.
The “temporary”. Relaxation in drivers. Hours due to end. 3rd of October is apparently under discussion with govemment business leaders etc about extending it until January to cover Xmas and new year.

Won’t and don’t need to use them as I never shift food that warrants it

It’s irrelevant really, the temporary relaxations were/are there if wanted/needed, no operator should be making their drivers use them, you’d be within your rights to refuse and those that did use them were most likely just the “work all the hours God sends” type, which is one of the problems the industry as a whole has.

Every operator and driver I’ve spoken to said they weren’t even going to consider using the relaxations “If it wasn’t safe before, how can it be safe now?”

I totally agree, we should all be resisting these ad hoc (double standard?) decisions from Grant Shapps, this sums up my view of that man :smiley: :
youtube.com/watch?v=7FvoXJCrBhQ

You’d have been on the carpet where i work had you used them.

Juddian:
You’d have been on the carpet where i work had you used them.

Yeah we were told to stick to the “old rules”.

Not least of all because the download analysis software most likely won’t take these relaxations into account so it just gives your TM a headache.

Relax. All the while we still get the same old infringement parameters being fully enforced - the rules have not changed a jot, and no haulier looks like they are going to take them on neither.

It is up to the actual driver - if THEY want to do everything possible to avoid the age-old 5-6-5-6 working month, with the 60-84 hour weeks that go with it…

You can make a start to that by moving your own preferred patterns towards maxed out and fewer shifts…
If you’ve done all three reduced rests by the middle of the week - you cannot be used further for the same in the SECOND half of the week, if you think about it…
Thus, 3x15 or 3x12 - you’re DONE for the week - the rest being “Overtime” which the firm will be reluctant to let you have, thus you get a three day working week. Simples…

Push for things like “Ten Hour Caps” though? Most firms will already have you working five shifts @ 10 hours that can often go to 12-15 hours…

There is an opportunity during this so-called “Shortage” - to push for more family-friendly shifts, number of, pattern of, and of course - start time of. Why flip from days to nights, which will shorten your life? Why not have permanent whatever your preferred shift is?

It’s not all about “Money” - clearly.

Winseer:
if you think about it…
Thus, 3x15 or 3x12 - you’re DONE for the week - the rest being “Overtime” which the firm will be reluctant to let you have, thus you get a three day working week. Simples…

Do you actually work in the transport sector? Or do you as I suspect live in the same home for the terminally bewildered as Carryfast?

What difference does being able to drive an extra hour actually make?
If you work for one of the retail companies, you’ll be running out of an RDC, a Regional Distribution Centre. REGIONAL! Take for example, Sainsburys distribution centre in Haydock, they will cover Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and North Wales predominantly. They aren’t suddenly going to say ‘you’ve got an extra hour, off to Dundee you go.’
Retail drivers don’t even spend the majority of time driving, especially if they have to deliver to a few different stores.
Certain bosses and a couple of drivers who want every penny they can grab might benefit from the changes, but that’s about it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

the maoster:

Winseer:
if you think about it…

Do you actually work in the transport sector? Or do you as I suspect live in the same home for the terminally bewildered as Carryfast?

Lala the pair of them.

I just wish they could be lala in less words to save fingers scrolling as much.

I could put them on my foe list I guess but then I’m not a major fairy.

toonsy:

:smiley: And in a way, having to resort to blocking someone is tantamount to an admission of defeat.
TBH I think any forum needs people like these guys, even if only for light relief, and even nonsense posts are still miles better than you see on the average FB driver group, though I’m glad all the conspiracy nonsense posts got knocked on the head.

Winseer, you say the rules haven’t changed a jot, did you mean since the changes that were brought in in August 2020?

Zac_A:

toonsy:

:smiley: And in a way, having to resort to blocking someone is tantamount to an admission of defeat.
TBH I think any forum needs people like these guys, even if only for light relief, and even nonsense posts are still miles better than you see on the average FB driver group, though I’m glad all the conspiracy nonsense posts got knocked on the head.

Winseer, you say the rules haven’t changed a jot, did you mean since the changes that were brought in in August 2020?

The thing about light relief is that we all see it and we have a chuckle and we move on with life.

That last point is where it gets stuck. It’s like a sort of groundhog day where the same rambling nonsense is churned again and again and again.

edd1974:
Depends on your view.
I think it’s bad.

Neither good or bad for me, more totally irrelevant. :neutral_face:
We are allowed to work too many hours as it is, who in their right mind wants to work more? :unamused:

They can’t MAKE you work them, and even if they tried or asked, it would be a resounding ‘‘NO’’ from me.
If they can’t plan your work in the present hours,.they should not be doing the job.

Why would anyone want to help the Government abuse us more?
The link below reminds us of their attitude before they realised how much they needed us.
It is full of disingenuous Government doublespeak.

movingon.blog.gov.uk/2019/03/20 … 1-year-on/

inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/wor … nd-1208471

ScaniaUltimate:
Why would anyone want to help the Government abuse us more?

It has NEVER ceasesd to amaze me what some drivers are willing to do mate,.and it never will. :unamused:

Come on, hasn’t someone got a good/bad news joke?

“The good news is the sewerage only goes up to your bottom lip, the bad news is on sundays the devil goes water-skiing…”

Sorry, all out of jokes, I only have “Dad jokes” at the best of times anyway :laughing:
Unless you want to hear the one about the wagon carrying Pringles, it caught fire and burnt to a crisp… (see what I mean?)

The Government has the same garbage response to everything, for example, easing the debt caused by that skiver’s charter they called “the furlough scheme” was going to be solved by having shops stay open for longer, especially on a Sunday :unamused:

Funny how other countries manage to have a decent economy and have at least one day where shops close and/or trucks need to be parked up. Our work/life balance is messed up all over this country for a lot of people.

the maoster:

Winseer:
if you think about it…

If you don’t push for what you would like the job to be - “Serfdom and Indentured Slavery” is what you’ll be force-fed.

What idiot thinks a trucker MUST work such long hours for such low pay and keep switching shifts all the time to earn that early grave?