can i do this

Conor:

cooper1203:
why do i want to work 7shifts■■? because i have bills to pay

This is why you have an emergency fund. You want to build up a separate savings account with 3-6 months living expenses in. It saved my backside 2 years ago when I had to have emergency spinal surgery and an unplanned 12 weeks off work on £95 sick pay.

I see and hear of any number of people who are living literally from one payday to the next, with the loss of just a week or two’s income (or even less) likely to push them into a catastrophic situation. For those on benefits or providing for a family on minimum wage that’s almost a given - but for lorry drivers on wages that are at or above the median wage (for the avoidance of doubt, that means your income is at least as good as the majority of folk in this country) there really is no excuse for being in this situation. Get your hands on a copy of The Richest Man In Babylon by George S Clason (or for a more modern take on exactly the same idea Money For Life by Alvin Hall). Read, understand and apply the few basic principles in either book and enjoy a life of financial security.