Explore Transport

Hi everyone I hope you are all good,

I am wondering if anybody has worked for explore transport doing flat work I just want to know what are the conditions like are they good or bad as I know WS have a part in the company.

I was just wondering if they look after the driver’s or is it treated as a number bums on seats operation as I’ve seen they are advertising for all depots they say it’s because of growth but want to make sure.

Any help would be great from anybody who’s worked there or knows anything about the company.

I’ve asked questions at the interview but was just told you go for training to find out

Thank you much appreciated

I’ve asked questions at the interview but was just told you go for training to find out

If that’s the best they can do at interview when trying to attract a driver i would say look elsewhere for a job.

bluesfan1996:
Hi everyone I hope you are all good,

I am wondering if anybody has worked for explore transport doing flat work I just want to know what are the conditions like are they good or bad as I know WS have a part in the company.

I was just wondering if they look after the driver’s or is it treated as a number bums on seats operation as I’ve seen they are advertising for all depots they say it’s because of growth but want to make sure.

Any help would be great from anybody who’s worked there or knows anything about the company.

Thank you much appreciated

I don’t work there but a mate of mine does. He’s been there a few yrs now and hasn’t said anything bad about the firm tbh. He’s on flat work

If you haven’t done flat work before it is an eye opener also health and safety is off the scale also driver assessment are frequent and you do a lot of central London but if you can look past these points go for it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Did a bit for them through the pandemic. Thought they were a good firm really. Week’s training/induction which partly goes towards your CPC, lots of Fors stuff, put up in a nice hotel. Lots of H and S stuff but as the logistics arm of Laing o’Rourke they do a lot of construction work so only to be expected. Trucks are good, well looked after, kitted out with everything you need for the job, no sat navs and not all have microwaves tho. Paid parking, layby kipping discouraged. Jobs come through to a supplied phone, pretty much left to it. They are very very hot on infringements. Money not spectacular but ok, were always offering extra hours if you wanted it - i did 4 on 4 off.

I think your depot dictates what work you’ll be on, I was out of St Neots so a lot of Select plant hire stuff, lad I inducted with was Newark and did mostly concrete sections. I did a lot of weekends on tower crane movements in/out of central London. If you’ve not done flats or abnormal, wide long stuff you’ll get helped. If my circumstances here changed again I would go back.

Pulled loads out of Worksop , s neots, Erith, winsford , Swadlincote,uddington ,Blyth, Dagenham , precast / plant , just depended where you were in country as what you picked up / delivered , not my favourite job
But I did look at job a bit back but the money was something like £12.50 ph , £13.00 ph after 18 months , £13.50 after 3 years & I hated the mud , boots , cab floor , lorry , I’d spend hours trying to clean up after a building site to repeat the next day( wore thin ) , and 3 yrs for full wage , I could stomach 6 months I guess , but 3 yes is a ■■■■ take in my opinion
But you’ll have to try it , steady job , mostly one load & reload a day , just get there on time & they don’t bother you
Best luck
NB wages may of changed as I looked about a year ago