Tesco drivers reject 2.5% pay increase at dc's

adam277:
You turn everything back to your bitterness at being at having to unload trailers for UPS. Lol. You should never of done it in the first place. If you didn’t your back would be fine right now.
But if you want someone to blame. Blame switchlogic he was one of the subbies who trunked for ups and got the cushy jobs while you was breaking your back unloading.
By all accounts he wasn’t even being paid to trunk for UPS. The satisfaction at him knowing you was in the back of a trailer handballing freight off the back onto a belt was enough of a payment for him.

But you’re saying that you don’t like warehouse staff deciding drivers terms and conditions.
Just to be clear warehouse staff never even had any say in what the union agreed to on our/my behalf.
Nor did the drivers.
All that’s needed is for the union to agree the precedent that drivers can be lumped in with warehouse staff and from that point you’re a driver/warehouse operative regarding terms, conditions and duties.
In our case it was agreed without any ballot or even consultation.
I didn’t get an option to do it or not.
A union agreement removes any rights you have and the choice is walk away from the job or get on with it.Bearing in mind that a disciplinary for refusal had already been issued against me at that point and that would have been the reference I had to give the next employer.
So are you saying that such union irregularities and employers’ greed and stupidity, all to save a few bob in warehouse staff costs, are a good thing or not ?.Assuming that they don’t want a ‘driver shortage’.