Tesco drivers reject 2.5% pay increase at dc's

Jamestross:

Noremac:
It seems that any pay deal isn’t separated for the drivers and the warehouse staff.

I used to work at Tesco’s Strood. Great place to work and the money was fantastic, but then Tesco shut the depot and I moved to the purfleet Depot must have been about 16 years ago now intially it was great really good money 4 on 4 off, extra at w/ends, night rate started at 1800 so it was all good. Then they lumped us in with the Warehouse and good night Vienna we got out voted on everything all the perks gone no W/end premium night rate started at 2200, 4 on 4 off replaced with any 5/7 I saw the writing was on the wall I was off after 2 years. Don’t get me wrong some off t&c are still good but take home money has stagnated.

Hit the nail on the head. Warehouse guys have a dislike towards drivers and it’s very petty.
This is why there has never been a strike at Tesco purfleet that and alot of the drivers just don’t want to strike.
Whoever decided that warehouse guys could vote on truck drivers pay and conditions has saved Tesco alot of money.

Carryfast:

adam277:
As a Tesco driver.

It’s obvious that the Union views the job as warehouse operative/driver and as such that’s what the employer will base its further negotiating position on if it has any sense.
Even in my case the T and G didn’t actually negotiate drivers and warehouse staff wage deals collectively.
The Union will probably stitch them up by settling for 3% but drivers can be used as warehouse staff as and when required then the firm will pay for the ‘increase’ by shedding warehouse staff.

You turn everything back to your bitterness at being at having to unload trailers for UPS. Lol. You should never of done it in the first place. If you didn’t your back would be fine right now.
But if you want someone to blame. Blame switchlogic he was one of the subbies who trunked for ups and got the cushy jobs while you was breaking your back unloading.
By all accounts he wasn’t even being paid to trunk for UPS. The satisfaction at him knowing you was in the back of a trailer handballing freight off the back onto a belt was enough of a payment for him.