You gotta love Whites transport

toonsy:

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:
He deleted the Brakes post after one of the top people phoned him unannounced to explain and apologise. /quote]

Could you…

Possibly digress a little and tell the whole story please?

I’m curious because I do the occaisional shift for Brakes.

I believe they (Whites and Brakes) agreed to keep it private.

But absolutely any of these antics by any RDC should be brought to be brought to light and publicised time and time again. They bring it on themselves with how they treat drivers and hauliers. Do you still have to sit on a chair behind a little desk next to your bay while being tipped like a teenager in an exam room? :unamused:

Not at all. I am happy to explain.

My man arrived 40min late due to an accident on the M11. Called ahead to advise. Made to wait 5hrs when he arrived to be told to come back at 10:00 the following day. I refused to wait. Took the load back (at my cost) and called them out on FB. The guy from Brakes called me to explain that since Brexit and Covid they have been struggling, I replied, that Is nonsense because for the last 10 years it’s been a terrible place to unload, I told him if we held a poll of the 5 worst places in the UK to unload they would definitely be in the top 5, We have 80k followers on FB which gives us a platform to tell our followers of the issues we face. This guy told me that 40% of deliveries don’t even arrive each day and because of this they can not fill Their customer orders. so I asked why my truck couldn’t take one of their slots. He didn’t have an answer for that. He also told me his class 2 drivers are on £1k a week and I told him that this is because they are not a good employer. Look after your drivers and you only need to pay them the going rate. I deleted the post out of respect for the guy having the minerals to call me and discuss it. I asked him why it took 2 days to call me. (In those 2 days it had been shared 4000 times and been seen by 750,000 people and he said that the company had been in constant meeting working out the best way to deal with this situation). I don’t have anyone to answer to and consequences don’t really bother me. I’m only speaking out for hauliers and drivers against the injustices that we see every day.

I don’t go on TruckNet that much. Luke messaged me earlier about this thread so I thought I would comment. Cheers, have a Good weekend all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk