Tesco drivers reject 2.5% pay increase at dc's

Jamestross:
Then they lumped us in with the Warehouse and good night Vienna I saw the writing was on the wall I was off after 2 years.

With hindsight I’ll always bitterly regret not walking away in similar circumstances.Especially if they decide to collectivise the two different respective job roles and duties instead of, or as well as, within the terms of any deal.
Which experience tells me is probably their end game in either case.
Union recognition can sometimes work more in the employers’ favour.Bearing in mind that even if the employees choose to ditch a union gone rogue doesn’t mean that the employer then also has to withdraw its recognition of the union’s right to still act on the employees’ behalf.
This is one of the types of scenario that really goes to the heart of the so called ‘driver’ shortage.
As for TGWU/Unite I was left with the suspicion that the Union movement doesn’t really like road transport.To the point where I was told that it views British based international work as ‘poaching’ the jobs of foreign workers and always the under current that truck drivers are all painted in general as the type who’ll run a picket line and compete with their rail industry elite.
Very sad situation.