Sitting in a cab on your own a lot

Juddian:
Is getting increasingly fed up with the antics of others on the road a sign of mental issues, especially when some of the most stupid antics are performed by our highly trained and test certifed brethren in other lorries.
If so i went gaga donkeys years ago, but have found the answers to staying out of care in the community, hang well back, assume everyone else is an idiot, and set your cruise control to a speed several clicks below your limited max and let the world go to hell, as it surely is.

For those on nights out, getting away from the bloody lorry for several hours and stop stopping in bloody roadside laybys where you lock yourself inside for 9 hrs only to resume maximising…for trampers maybe once a week or fortnight treating yourself to a reasonable hotel or B&B to get away from the vehicle would help make the job, this latter method i found i looked forward to a comfortable normal human being restover with ensuite shower or bath and room to breathe.

Agree entirely with first paragraph Juddian, some stuff you see today makes you wonder how some iof these ■■■■ s passed their truck test,
I’ve been off this week and done a lot of driving in my car…it’s a ■■■■ good job I ain’t nervous on the road, I’ve had it all this week, including the d/head sat right on my back bumper for no reason, where I had absolutely nowhere to go ,.and not entirely knowing what he thought I was doing wrong,.(nothing,.trust me) and exactly wtf he expected me to do. :smiling_imp: :unamused:
Anyhoo I digress, but for the record I still managed to keep my sanity…I think. :smiley:

As for paragraph 2, Tramping…again could not agree more,.sitting in a cab like some of em you see sat in their passenger seats entirely bored with life,.doing the straight ahead ‘death stare’ whilst actually willing 11 hours (or mostly in their case 9 hours) to tick over, night after ■■■■ night,.parked in a lay by or worst case scenario …an MSA :open_mouth: , really would tip me right over the edge (do you remember that vid ''Men who sleep on trucks?,.a classic example of how NOT to do tramping, and what it can do to your mental health and well being. :open_mouth:

As for your point about sleeping out,… as much as I love staying in a nice clean hotel (as I have been this week on a break with the Mrs) it has NEVER bothered me sleeping in a cab,.as long as it us comfortable and well equipped with home comforts.
I look upon it as a small motor home, and you know people PAY to hire them and do what we do. :smiley:

Maybe I’m a bit of a loner ,.a free soul, or a descendant of the old ‘saddletramp’ type cowboy I stopped short of saying gypsy btw. :laughing: , but you know what I mean.

It always amuses me the ''sleeping in a tin box ’ analogy you often get on here, my reaction is always a bemused … ‘‘Yeh?..so what’’ :smiley:

Hey just realised maybe my reaction to sleeping in a truck cab actually proves the job has got to me after all these years, and I actyally AM mad because of it. :laughing: