A drivers diet.

Rich T:
2 oatmeal,cereal or chocolate bars. 1 or 2 bags of crisps and an apple and grapes. 4 to 6 cups of coffee.

Ive put on 2 stone in almost a year. I bought new clothes about 6 months ago that dont really fit me anymore so need to do something about it now.

What do the health conscious among you do to keep the weight off?

Man who got to 133kg/20st 13lb here. It’s all about the calorific intake. Choccy bars, the crisps and the 4 to 6 cups of coffee if they’ve sugar in won’t help. A small packup won’t help if you’re wolfing down a large dinner and breakfast.

So my original lunch box was:

Sandwich: ~225 calories
Oatmeal Flapjack Bar: 550 calories :open_mouth: :open_mouth: (had no clue they were that much)
Small lunch box chocolate bar: 185 calories :open_mouth: :open_mouth: (again disbelief, the things barely a couple of inches long)
Banana: 80 calories
Pack of crisps: 130 calories
Grapes to munch on whilst driving (100g): 67 calories

Total: ~1240.

I used to have a flapjack in my packup, an innocuous little bar barely an inch and a half wide and four inches long until I read the label and found out it had 550 calories. That got junked straight away and over a 5 night week I dropped basically an entire day’s calorific intake for a man. Out of the window also went the snack sized chocolate bars because even those small half size double decker and mars bar types are over 200 calories each. I replaced them with some low calorie diet things that B&M do which are 99 calories each and you get five for a quid. In regards to the crisps, junked the fried potato types for Lidl Quavers and Wotsits knock offs that are half the calories. Drinks wise I binned anything with sugar in ages ago so on my night trunks I take a 500ml bottle of diet cola (refill same bottle from a 2L one) and a 750ml bottle of zero sugar dilute juice.

Lunch box now:

Sandwich: ~225 calories
Low cal choccy bar;: 99 calories
Banana: 80 calories
Quavers/Wotsits: 69 calories
Grapes: 67 calories

Total calories: 540.

So saving ~700 calories a night, about the same over a week as a day and a half’s calorific intake for a man.

The other thing I also do is eat within an 8-9hr window so have 15-16hrs a day when I don’t eat anything. One thing that bangs on the weight is constantly grazing. Breakfast comes in at around 200 calories, main meal usually between 700 and 1000, the 1000 being fish & chips with curry/peas on a Friday - got to have a treat once a week to keep you motivated. Total calorific intake per day is around 1450-1750. Recommended intake is 2500 for a man and for my weight and low activity I burn 2632 calories a day if I wanted to maintain it so anything less than that and I lose weight.

Going on online calculators around 1600 calories a day will see me lose 1kg a week. Sat on my backside doing night trunking I’m losing around 1-2kg a week, nice and steady. Now down to 112kg/17st 9lb and dropped clothing sizes and not far off needing to go down again. Bloody expensive this losing weight business. Targetting 100kg by Xmas.