LGV Driving... Job For Life?

With the government’s and operators’ crusade towards minimising truck journeys in terms of distance it’s more likely that the driving side of the job, v ‘other duties’, will reach the point where the question of if autonomous trucks happen or not will be moot.
The job is about to be turned into a multi role, generally anything but driving, ‘logistics’ role. Which will cover everything from goods in checker to order picker to forklift driver and general warehouse duties in which you’ll probably cover almost as many miles driving a forklift and pushing a pallet truck or even handballing boxes stacking and breaking down pallets, as driving a truck a few miles up the road.
If I was starting out I’d be asking a lot of questions regarding duties required present or future.With a watertight job description making it very clear that I’m here to drive not to be a warehouse operative/yard labourer etc etc.
If I had an out of town bus driving job I’d probably stay on it even at 100 quid a week less.
Or might as well train for a higher paid factory etc type job, minding a CNC machine, doing 2 or 3 days a week to make it tolerable.