Euro Van Driving

PylonMan:

iguana:
You’ll be doing some mental long days I’d bet & that is truly terrible money, it’s what the poorer EU country guys would get doing that job, it’s not really a wage, if you work out your hours worked for the £ it’s probably a couple of quid an hour if that.

Ps I’m in EU a lot & mostly in small stuff & I do enjoy it mostly, obvs can be a slog tho, but I don’t do the mental hours, too old for that crap now, but have had some great experiences & been all over & I do prefer the flexibility over being in bigger & on tacho etc, which I also do but less often.

Thanks for your reply

I’m clearly well out the loop in what a Van driver should be earning in Europe then, there not particularly a lot of info about it on the internet, what’s a typical wage then? £30k+ A year? Even that’s like £2.5k a month which is only £100 a month more than Grumpy’s comment saying it was a joke.

£3k a month or £36k a year more like it?

One thing my soon to be new employer did detail is the long slogs involved, sounds great travelling around Europe of course but I get it’s not exactly easy in the sense it can be very tiring long distances to travel, I get all that.

Long slogs and 2k a month doesn’t sound appetizing to me.
When they say “long slog”, that suggests you’re expected to get there in as short a time as possible. Vans don’t have tachos, so you can’t argue that you don’t have enough driving time. So it’s boot down and keep it going till you HAVE to pull over for a kip. That isn’t a pleasant way to see Europe and getting paid into the bargain. That’s just motorways and industrial estates, which are all much of a muchness wherever they happen to be. If it was 2.5 - 3k a month, that would seem reasonable for flat out work, 1.6 - 2+k, I wouldn’t be going for it.
I’ve only got artic work to compare it against. 5 days on the road, 2 days off I was doing better than that, and that’s working from Scotland where pay rates are lower. But it’s only a van ? ■■■■■■■■, you’re still away from home, working long hours for not very much at that kind of income bracket.