Demand better shifts and days in current shortage

Hi all looking for new challenge been driving class c for a while but passed my class 1 in November so looking to take the plunge do u think now in the current shortage u could get away with stating to company’s that u are only willing to work Monday to Friday between certain times?

I don’t think your bargaining position is great without experience to be honest (not to say you wouldn’t be taken on by any means).

Aldi you can expect weekends.

You might get taken on under those terms, but chances are it won’t be at one of the better payers.

You could tell the agency if you want to go down that route, and it might work for a while until either you ■■■■ them off enough by refusing to cover other shifts or until the shortage is addressed.
By assured, this shortage isn’t permanent, but by all means make the most of it whilst working the hours you want to whilst the goings good.

taggy24:
Hi all looking for new challenge been driving class c for a while but passed my class 1 in November so looking to take the plunge do u think now in the current shortage u could get away with stating to company’s that u are only willing to work Monday to Friday between certain times?

Shop around and find the best local agency that works for you.

Many agencies are simply looking for drivers that they can phone at short notice anytime of day or night. Avoid those at all costs if you value your work/life balance.

You want an agency that can give you regular all year round work with consistent start times.