Atherstone royal mail

Does anyone know what its like. Runs and general shifts there class 1. Was thinking of applying but theres also Coventry Daventry and Northampton within commuting distance advertising

I’d suggest you go in via agency first and see if you like it. Pertemps and Manpower are the main suppliers. The new permies are known to get all the crappy shifts that the long-termers refuse to do. You avoid that by going agency and get a selection depending on what runs needs covering. Downside of agency is you’ll do 12 weeks at the standard agency (lower) rate before you move on to parity pay with RM permies. Upside is that if you’re a known and reliable quantity via agency, you’re virtually guaranteed the job if you apply for a permie role.

Thanks am going agency but thats the closest.

Back before when I used to work for RM its true thise with less seniority get the poorer picks of the job. I knew that before I applied to go back again recently.

What I’ll also say is that the “poorer” jobs never used to be poor by comparison to other jobs out there so even the worst shift isn’t exactly a hardship.

I tried to get a job therr but messed up on the online tests.They send you a series of photos and you have to pick what the hazard is,but you only get 15 seconds or so to choose,so in my case,it went on to the next question before Ihad a chance.Next thing I know,email from thfm,thank yoh for your intrest in royal mdol,blah blah,it sort of put me off applying again.They make it that hard.
Thats three times I tried now.The first 2 times,I had to answer questions like,Do you enjoy new challenges every week,nah,couldnt be bothered trying again

The hoops to jump through to get a job on royal mail just ain’t worth the hassle.
They need to wake up it’s only a driving job for ■■■■■ sake

Sploom:
the online tests

They could add…

The following question.

Do speed limits apply to Royal Mail vehicles at all?

yourhavingalarf:

Sploom:
the online tests

They could add…

The following question.

Do speed limits apply to Royal Mail vehicles at all?

Just follow one of their trucks (especially in urban settings, ESPECIALLY the 7.5t/Class 2) to see taht RM’s tests/screening process are absolutely pointless.

Also don’t go there if you have a nice car:

birminghammail.co.uk/news/m … f-15550355

That’s from 2 years ago, RM Atherstone car park (not sure if customer side or employee’s)

I would go for an R.M. JOB if I were still looking. They have a gym for people who actually want to work. The only time that I have beencaught speeding was in an R.M. 7.5. tonner. Middle of the night up in the Highlands The Gatso got me.

Can someone actually tell me what the Rotas like every other weekend for example days /nights etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

via agency, you’re virtually guaranteed the job if you apply for a permie role.
[/quote]
Absolute nonsense

simplyhired.co.uk/job/KF3Bf … 00&from=ja

Shocking rates

DCPCFML:
Downside of agency is you’ll do 12 weeks at the standard agency (lower) rate before you move on to parity pay with RM permies.

Not any more. Got sent this today from agency.

We have some good news, from Monday the 9th of August all new drivers will get paid parity rates
Also minimum of 7hr15 min guaranteed ( this is in case if you have short shifts )

robthedog:
https://www.simplyhired.co.uk/job/KF3BffJLi8Lm5gKTB2fA_gSMFTv-rMWsdV9LcejjAZeQr5GlE_tOUw?tk=1fcdml1f3u7dp800&tkt=ja&sid=ja&kw=L9Q3nZsmgsv5bmQzCm_N6P9RTRXUirVC_ZXDkoMN&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts&jaact=L9Q3nZsmgsv5bmQzCm_N6P9RTRXUirVC_ZXDkoMN&jatk=1fcdml1f3u7dp800&from=ja

Shocking rates

I think they’re leeching off Pertemps or Manpower, rob. So they’ll be taking their cut as well as one of the others. Best avoided and just go to the primary agency supplier.

Atherstone depot is a bit of a ■■■■■■■■■ used to look past it when BHS used it in the 90’s.

Most agency shifts at Atherstone have traditionally been PM’s, not many days but this year RM have been running with so many agency shortages at all the depots most of the rules have been rewritten.

NDC (Crick) is a much nicer depot, better parking and facilities etc. Problem RM have got at the moment is after years and years of being the best payers (by quite a long way) there’s now umpteen Midlands sites paying more, the natives are getting restless. You also need a degree to work out the pay structure and silly break deductions, often more than 45 mins.

Assessors are pretty strict but have been told off the record to go easy on new drivers, they can’t afford to keep failing 50% of all assessments like they have in the past.

Coventry (Parcelforce) is the most easy going depot, transport team have better relationships with the drivers.

ATJT:
Atherstone depot is a bit of a [zb], used to look past it when BHS used it in the 90’s.

Most agency shifts at Atherstone have traditionally been PM’s, not many days but this year RM have been running with so many agency shortages at all the depots most of the rules have been rewritten.

NDC (Crick) is a much nicer depot, better parking and facilities etc. Problem RM have got at the moment is after years and years of being the best payers (by quite a long way) there’s now umpteen Midlands sites paying more, the natives are getting restless. You also need a degree to work out the pay structure and silly break deductions, often more than 45 mins.

Assessors are pretty strict but have been told off the record to go easy on new drivers, they can’t afford to keep failing 50% of all assessments like they have in the past.

Coventry (Parcelforce) is the most easy going depot, transport team have better relationships with the drivers.

What is the sort of “average pay” then? I’m only interested as I have interirew and assessment next week. All I know is its posted (haha) as 33k for 35hr week. Assuming like for like with hours, the natives will struggle to recreate that pay for those hours. They might be able to get more by joining the 60hr week crew somewhere. I’m not saying the gap hasn’t closed in recent times but it’s still by some way the best “bang for your buck” in terms of pay vs hours to get it.

With that massive depot they are building on the M1 by Stobarts truckstop where are the driver coming from.

toonsy:

ATJT:
Atherstone depot is a bit of a [zb], used to look past it when BHS used it in the 90’s.

What is the sort of “average pay” then? I’m only interested as I have interirew and assessment next week. All I know is its posted (haha) as 33k for 35hr week. Assuming like for like with hours, the natives will struggle to recreate that pay for those hours. They might be able to get more by joining the 60hr week crew somewhere. I’m not saying the gap hasn’t closed in recent times but it’s still by some way the best “bang for your buck” in terms of pay vs hours to get it.

I think those figures are entirely realistic, the mates I know that work for RM are on agency and want to max hours/earnings and when they get short runs, big break deductions and the knowledge that say Co-op are paying £23 or whatever it is per hour they aren’t quite as smug as they used to be!