Aldi increase wages

bbc.co.uk/news/business-58047483

How much are the wages going up
anyone know?

Aldi did not add further information on its pay rise for lorry drivers, but its careers website states wages are between £14.15 and £15.34 per hour for day shifts, and £16.98 and £18.41 per hour for night shifts.

The Times reported that Aldi is understood to have pushed through a wage rise to maintain its position as the highest payer in the industry, and to prevent its drivers from being poached by other firms.

They’re not even close to being the highest payer. There’s quite a few companies within travel to work distance of their Goldthorpe RDC paying more. Not only that Alligra is paying £30/hr for agency in the area.

Conor:

The Times reported that Aldi is understood to have pushed through a wage rise to maintain its position as the highest payer in the industry, and to prevent its drivers from being poached by other firms.

They’re not even close to being the highest payer. There’s quite a few companies within travel to work distance of their Goldthorpe RDC paying more. Not only that Alligra is paying £30/hr for agency in the area.

do you know what the current rates are after the pay increase maye

Themoocher:

Conor:

do you know what the current rates are after the pay increase maye

totaljobs.com/job/hgv-drive … ob93812295

Sure I saw them advertising at Goldthorpe days at around £15ph.

Themoocher:
Pay rise for Aldi lorry drivers amid shortage - BBC News

How much are the wages going up
anyone know?

Try reading the article.you link you posted and it tells you

Aldi did not add further information on its pay rise for lorry drivers, but its careers website states wages are between £14.15 and £15.34 per hour for day shifts, and £16.98 and £18.41 per hour for night shifts.

Have heard if work for Aldi you have to load yourself. Your load is lined.uo at the shutter door ready.nthen upto you to load yourself .

It is good to know (as an Aldi shopper), that someone has shown some foresight in their supply chain, to ensure my selections of chocolates, sweets and desserts will continue without any major disruption. :smiley:

To all transport companies that still have their head in the clouds looking for the return of cheap labour, it is time to move on as it aint happening.

Unless you have the opportunity or considering applying to get a job at Aldi Asda etc etc why bother your self on what the wage is or what the increase is or might be.
From what my Daughter ( Aldi 27 years)has said there`s not a big turn over of Aldi Drivers,when they recruit its usually down to .expansion.
Also it not third party hear say they DO load and unload their own trailer. Nearly all local deliveries due to regional depots opening.

Conor:

Isn’t it the Aldi driving work where you are effectively a store loader and unloader as well as the shops are shut when you get there?

DCPCFML:

Conor:

Isn’t it the Aldi driving work where you are effectively a store loader and unloader as well as the shops are shut when you get there?

Stores maybe shut but there is staff working in the stockroom and shelf stacking,how I know is because somebody I know was going home at 08.00 saying she had been on since 02.00

I know a driver who drives around wearing a safety hat , his nick name is Hard Hat Harry, he was an agency limper but now does cement mixer on local.

■■?

the maoster:
■■?

Which bit…

Is confusing you maosty?

Bits of it or the whole thing?

yourhavingalarf:

the maoster:
■■?

Which bit…

Is confusing you maosty?

Some of it, all of it or the whole thing?

Life in general?

Franglais:

yourhavingalarf:

the maoster:
■■?

Which bit…

Is confusing you maosty?

Some of it, all of it or the whole thing?

Life in general?

I’ll take an educated guess he’s referring to the inane ramblings of Tarmaceater, having said that look at any of his posts, they’re all inane.
Definitely a sandwich short of a picnic.

^^^^ we have a winner! It appeared that some random comment from a totally different conversation had been parachuted in.

The BBC photo of the Muppet wearing a helmet.

Tarmaceater:

Here you go Maoster, I think this is what Toby was referring to

What time a fine helmet off Amazon !

Is that Harry in the photo , I can’t tell with the face nappy ?

pete smith:

Tarmaceater:

Here you go Maoster, I think this is what Toby was referring to

Ah right, I’m sure that I’m not the only one who’ll sleep soundly now Pete :smiley: :smiley: