Is it me or the planners

DCPCFML:
Why go through all this hassle when it takes a couple of minutes to set up a work group in your phone contacts and dump all ‘work’ related stuff in there? Soon as you leave work, switch off the group and no-one can contact you via phone or text until you turn the group back on. If your phone doesn’t have it by default, there are about a million apps that cater for this.

For £6/month it isn’t worth the hassle, the nature of agency work is that people are never going to be there long enough to get pally with them. As an agency driver I tend not to get involved with company social media groups, group chats or anything related to work. As more often than not joining these groups will bite you in the backside, & as proof of this there are currently two core drivers suspended from work at the depot I’m assigned to for comments posted online. Fools them for saying they are milking the company sick pay scheme by claiming that they have been pinged by the app and having to isolate for 10 days, only for them to post online pictures of themselves on holiday during the recent heatwave.
The majority of companies have a social media policy and comments posted online could get you the sack. This is also why I use an alias online, so if anyone at work decides to search for me online they won’t find me, or any comments that I might make.