Is it me or the planners

peirre:

cav551:
The only thing you can do is to ring their office on the phone THEY have provided (and only on one provided) if it looks like being a long wait, it is the company’s job to sort out any issues not yours. NEVER give any agency client your personal mobile number and have a right go at the agency if they pass it on.

Unfortunately company cab phones seem to be coming rarer these days.
My solution is to have a 2nd phone (nothing spectacular) with a cheap £6/month sim only deal that gives me minimal data, and unlimited calls/txt. The agency/client all have this number, it’s even on the online company database that agency/client used for job booking, timesheets and payroll, but non of them have the number of my other personal phone, and for the £6/month it works for me as a work phone. I can choose when to use/answer/ignore it, and it gets switched off in the evening and weekends. iirc only 1 person at the agency has my personal number and they don’t have any frontline connection with day to day work, so only uses it for personal chats and has been told under no circumstances that they are to share it with the other staff

Why go through all this hassle when it takes a couple of minutes to set up a work group in your phone contacts and dump all ‘work’ related stuff in there? Soon as you leave work, switch off the group and no-one can contact you via phone or text until you turn the group back on. If your phone doesn’t have it by default, there are about a million apps that cater for this.