night out money

Another possibly silly question. i did two nights out in the week i just got paid for should the night out money be taxed? On my pay slip i have 50 quid for expences added on all i can think it is is my night out money.

That’ll be £25 per night then.

the maoster:
That’ll be £25 per night then.

yep but as i have been forced to go through some umbrella company for this week and havent paid tax on it its a guessing game as to that is what it acctualy is hence the question of if i should of or not.

trouble is they (the payment company not the agency) were giving me the spiel on the phone and not listening that i didnt want to go with an umbrella company all i wanted was paye till i told them straight with added explitives what i thought of umbrella companys. However because all this was lastminuette.com i have had to go with them for this week.

Anything under £26.20 per night should not be taxed mate. Check your payslip carefully and it SHOULD give the amount untaxed. If tax has been paid on it you need to be onto payroll pdq.

coop…

Have you ever considered a different career?

You’re being rail-roaded/shafted/screwed over at every point.

At the very least, consider looking at agencies that pay properly and firms that don’t hang you out to dry mate.

the maoster:
Anything under £26.20 per night should not be taxed mate. Check your payslip carefully and it SHOULD give the amount untaxed. If tax has been paid on it you need to be onto payroll pdq.

ok that makes sence as no tax was paid

yourhavingalarf:
coop…

Have you ever considered a different career?

You’re being rail-roaded/shafted/screwed over at every point.

At the very least, consider looking at agencies that pay properly and firms that don’t hang you out to dry mate.

welcome to my life lol… no seriously they are on thier last chance with me… it was right down to the wire yesterday if i worked next week as i told them no money no workey but as i had said i would work next week and the money hit my account at 16.54 i will work for the next week.

they have also said any discrepancy between being paid umbrella and paye will be refunded next week and will be paid paye for the week i have just done and from now on.

I’m suspicious…

As to why they can pay PAYE next week but not this but, what ever.

Right now it’s a drivers market. It’s quite feasable that you could turn up for an interview/test drive with an empy bottle of vodka in a brown paper bag, stinking of weed and vomit down yer shirt and still get the job.

Know your worth.

yourhavingalarf:
I’m suspicious…

Right now it’s a drivers market. It’s quite feasable that you could turn up for an interview/test drive with an empy bottle of vodka in a brown paper bag, stinking of weed and vomit down yer shirt and still get the job.

Know your worth.

ha ha good analogy mate, and quite true

yourhavingalarf:
I’m suspicious…

Know your worth.

Vodka■■? yuck… bushmills 10 year old malt or nothing lol

as to why they couldnt pay me paye this week somthing about not being able to get the money back they had paid to the payrole company in time but who knows with 2 levels of incompentance involved.

cooper1203:

yourhavingalarf:
I’m suspicious…

Know your worth.

as to why they couldnt pay me paye this week somthing about not being able to get the money back they had paid to the payrole company in time but who knows with 2 levels of incompentance involved.

Listen to Mr Larf:
If they aren`t cheating liars, they are incompetent.
If they have short paid you once, why give them the chance to do it again?
I would say look upon the money lost a payment for a lesson. Learn it. Walk away now and go somewhere else.

I agree that taking shifts here and there and doing nights out on rigids, while doing unplanned 15 hours is not great.

Suggestions for you:

UPS 7.5 tonne (quite well paid actually).

RM postman with driving (may be a route to apply for 7.5 tonne work if you are near a mail centre?).

Supermarket home delivery (but make sure of guaranteed hours).

yourhavingalarf:

Know your worth.

I’d be asking myself whether I wanted a job where colleagues set such a low standard.

These aren’t employers who will take any worker they can get. In fact, these employers refuse to hire most workers, who walk in with their uppity demands for decent pay and conditions.

They are employers whose attitudes and jobs are so crap and exploitative, that the only workers they can get on the terms they are willing to offer, are those with absolutely no dignity.

Franglais:
Listen to Mr Larf:
If they aren`t cheating liars, they are incompetent.
If they have short paid you once, why give them the chance to do it again?
I would say look upon the money lost a payment for a lesson. Learn it. Walk away now and go somewhere else.

This. I work at a decent agency. You’re paid properly no different than if you were a permanent employee at a company. Everyone on PAYE since the end of IR35, not that it made any difference to the agency because the self employed rate was not just a quid an hour over PAYE, none of this umbrella crap, standard easy to understand wage slips.

cooper1203:

I’ve never met you but I like you .lol
Bushmills is my hometown - we do some haulage for the distillery (distillers grains out and some of the packaging in ) and I’m a Black Bush man myself .

beefy4605:
I’m a Black Bush man myself .

Same here.

Cant stick whiskies tho

Franglais:

beefy4605:

Same here.

Cant stick whiskies tho

lol knew that one was coming from someone as soon as I saw it typed up .

beefy4605:

Franglais:

beefy4605:

Same here.

Cant stick whiskies tho

lol knew that one was coming from someone as soon as I saw it typed up .

Sorry open…goal?

when you fill in your hours portal make sure you tick the yes to vat applies to your night out money , lots don’t know this and assume its no , or arnt even aware vat applies , and then end up in a lot of trouble with a big bill

40D00EB5-FEBA-4C91-B5A0-522983A152D2.jpeg