Is it me or the planners

Conor:

Juddian:
Job takes as long as it takes, you cannot operate lorries on anything other than direct trunking work to any sort of meaningful timetable

You can’t even do that. Doing a changeover at Ecclefechan I can get there at any time between 11pm and midnight. My return trailer might be there when I get there, it might be after 2am when it turns up.

The only thing that’s guaranteed in this job is the start time of day 1.

11pm to midnight? I’d call that a good night with that level of precision. I was doing the trunks when the A1 was shut at Ripon for widening and it was a complete lottery whether I’d even get to Scotland with the 100 mile diversion via the A19 up to Newcastle or somewhere dumb then back down the A1 to Scotch Corner. Of course they’d close the A69 on the same nights. Because reasons. Same as they do with the 42 and 38 closed on the same weeks.

Been trunking air freight to Stansted airport and that’s completely [zb]ed as well as they decide to close the entire length of the A14 through Cambs and send you on a 100 mile hour long diversion because some nob wants to do a bit of grass strimming on the central resy around Godmanchster :angry: . ■■■■ the grass. No-one cares. Probably do us night lads a favour if the [zb]ing stuff grows - at least it will block out the light from the nobs coming in the other direction with their high beam on. Just cut the [zb]ing grass on the approach to roundabouts so we can see what’s coming without having to come a complete stop and job’s a good 'un.