Satnav

Which is the best one to choose, or do most drivers use their mobile phone in a holder? I m getting back in the driving seat after early retirement and there’s bound to be destinations I haven’t been to, thanks.

chrisv:
Which is the best one to choose, or do most drivers use their mobile phone in a holder? I m getting back in the driving seat after early retirement and there’s bound to be destinations I haven’t been to, thanks.

Wow, only 24 hours since this question was asked on here.
Use the search function, it gets asked every day!

chrisv:

Tom TOM 6250 lifetime can be had for less than 300. Have a look o their site pal

It is a good bit of kit

Tom Tom 6250 all day long

6 inch go expert is the newest truck model supposedly a vast improvement. 4 x faster and better features.

Although the 7 inch lifetime model isn’t due out til later this year.

If you would like a 10 inch…no not that, the garmin lgv100 I mean …buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/684269

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I use Google maps on my phone,but try and have good idea in my head where I’m going.I don’t trust hgv satnavs because I’ve seen roads that are double parked and you couldn’t get an artic down them,but no weight or height restriction, so the hgv satnav would send you down that road and you will then be stuck

Thank you to all the positive answers,very much appreciated, do the truck satnavs have a 12 or 24 volt plug? If 24 do you use a dropper?

Most decent brands like tom tom or Garmin snooper or aguri should all be able to work on either 12 or 24 volt without issues.

As for the best one that is down to a personal choice mostly and or what your used to. But any truck sat nav still needs to be used with eyballs01

chrisv:

I’m selling a Aguri TX720 truck nav 7inch screen for £110 posted if your interested comes with life time maps , speed camera updates all done by WiFi traffic and travel is done by connecting to the personal hotspot on your phone

mr bluecity:
Tom Tom 6250 all day long

This ^^^^

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Grumpy_old_trucker:

chrisv:

You are such a helpful member of this site, what you are on here for is quite puzzling. Why don’t you either say nothing or try actually helping someone with a valid opinion. So what if there are threads daily on here on this subject, don’t read them if they don’t interest you. Perhaps it makes you feel better about yourself by making such remarks to other members, you are obviously a very insecure person.

Yorkshire Tramper:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

chrisv:

You are such a helpful member of this site, what you are on here for is quite puzzling. Why don’t you either say nothing or try actually helping someone with a valid opinion. So what if there are threads daily on here on this subject, don’t read them if they don’t interest you. Perhaps it makes you feel better about yourself by making such remarks to other members, you are obviously a very insecure person.

Insignificant eh?
That insignificant that you’re following me round the forum and commenting on my posts.
Oh, how we laughed………

Boils down to three basic types of sat nav, cheap and cheerful chinese ones, a bit hit and miss with build quality and reliability, some are better than others but they all do the same job The two major players are TomTom and Garmin. Not a lot to choose from each other really. Both decent build quality and are reliable. Other makes can be as good and some will say better. Google maps on your phone for satelite view of the places you are delivering to if you havent been before. Paper maps are still used but for the most if you have all three you are well covered.

Thank you to everyone for your help,it’s very much appreciated,take care.

If your still after one Argos and Amazon are doing a Tom Tom truck one for £199 at the moment,I’m not big up on them as mines one of the older Garmin dezl’s which has to be plugged into computer to update(I haven’t used it for about 3 year as we mainly go same places) but the Tom Tom is advertising wi-fi map updates and traffic free so I’m assuming it’s a decent bit of kit with a decent discount…

simcor:
6 inch go expert is the newest truck model supposedly a vast improvement. 4 x faster and better features.

Already out on their site

blue estate:

simcor:

Already out on their site

When I looked the other day only one version was available and the other 2 were shown as due out soon.

There is nothing wrong with a cheap car sat nav, it knows the way from Felixstowe to Newcastle via Scarborough without winding the window down