Bonus for joining or pay for training - idea?

In this current LGV driver shortage many companies are offering a bonus for joining and it got me thinking that the bonus is about the same price as the cost of training

I wonder if it is worth newbies going to these companies and seeing whether they will fund the training instead of the bonus :bulb:

In both cases I suspect there will be a time to be served with the company contract

ROG most companies would rather dump a nervous newb in at the deep end (Then he leaves or quits hgv’s) over funding training or getting a trainer to help them out,in my experience.

That is what is needed though! You’re spot on!

But sadly they just mostly look for short term profit not long term stability,these firms need educating on keeping hold of employees through respect and proper pay and conditions.
The old treat them mean keep the wages lean days are over in my opinion,people have had enough of that old trope.

From what I’ve seen ROG companies are starting to do this. On Facebook I’ve seen a “Street to wheels” from A.F Blakemore, think they have a Spar contract? Also Translink Express are doing a partnership with Hughes Driver Training for free training, although I’m sure there would be the two year or however long tie in involved to get the training. But if it gets people who haven’t got the funds available driving/working its a good way to get a start.