Advice please

Happy Trucker1:
Stuck in rdc for 4 hours
Looks like I’m going to go over my time (15 hours)

Do I finish getting tipped then park up at nearest safe parking place / services and explain on print out ,

Probably be going 1/2 hour over my time .

Not something that has happened to me before
Rdc blaming COVID short staff rubbish

No you should of been out of there with time to park up within your hours , if your company did not act on you informing them of the situation then you should of made Rdc aware you were pulling out at x time so you can park up within your hours
Last time I had this I informed company I had to be out of rdc by 19.30 to get parked up within my hours , they then informed Tesco who got me tipped to get out gate by 19.30 , but I made it clear to company / Tesco that I would be exiting gate at 19.30 whatever ( fair dos , the company / Tesco acted on that ) .
I also in the end refused to take a load in with less than 3 hrs work time , any
Less no , 3 hrs was fine but odd times ( Tesco Thurrock ) required me to be pulled out or Tesco told to get a move on or load / 1/2 load was comming out
I wasn’t militant , just firm , no if / buts at x time I’m pulling out , to be fair they’d get me tipped by then , but if you go at it half hearted theyl have you there way past when you should be