Medical cannabis and HGV license

dekka:
This thread’s an interesting read, so interesting that I did a bit of digging and i think this makes it quite clear:

gov.uk/government/collectio … and-limits

As the law stands it appears to be an offence to drive any motor vehicle whilst you have more than 2µg of cannabis per litre of blood. I guess that this law mas made before prescription cannabis became a thing and the limit may well be revised to reflect this at some point in the future. The way I read it this limit applies right now for anyone.

It is interesting to note that limits are also stated for other prescription medicines which have been mentioned here and it appears that these limits apply whether the med it prescribed for that person or whether it is being used illegally.

Make of it what you will but I doubt that the OP will be (or indeed is) driving legally. Sorry but I think it’s better to know now than find out the hard way in future.

Thank you kindly for your input - I think you are correct.

Don’t worry I haven’t been driving with cannabis in my system as I haven’t owned a car since last year - before I was approved for medical cannabis.

I guess the law is the law and I’ll need to stop using THC products until they amend the limits.

As I said from the start I’ll go back to using the traditional painkillers if needs be. I prefer cannabis as it has less side effects and but it is more expensive and it’s clear from this thread that some people still to this day, have a negative opinion on the plant