Medical cannabis and HGV license

Caerleon:
I have just finished a late shift tonight and while tethering my boat aka waterlogged patrol car, I posed this question to our Traffic Desk - what I stated is correct.

I think you just need to declare that on your medical form before you submit it, if you don’t tell them and they check - bye-bye license! That big declaration box on the application form clearly states that and by signing it you open yourself up to prosecution.

As I said, we on this forum are not the DVLA, you really should be posing your question to them and the 100’s of Doctors that work for their Medical Department. All I can tell you is that from my side of the fence - you would test positive and fail a roadside drug test and be arrested for that offence, letters from your Doctor/Wife/Mother won’t stop it.

Check Driving with medical conditions, Blue Badges and transport for disabled people - GOV.UK

I guess I’ll find out if I’m approved for a provisional. I put on there the names of the cannabis I’m prescribed - Noidecs T18 & T14.

I don’t have a “notifiable” condition so I haven’t had to tell the DVLA about my medical issues but I guess they will assess my circumstances soon when they receive my D4.

Wish me luck!