POA is as much to blame for our stagnant wages as EU drivers

DCPCFML:

the maoster:
It appears that wages are no longer stagnating. Not in the North East at least……

Up to £62400 gross. In Hartlepool :laughing: . “Additional payments: bonus scheme, performance bonus”. Call me cynical…

I bet the reality of the actual average hourly pay is a world apart from the big numbers in the ad body.

This seems to be latest trend used by all the poor payers in a futile attempt to gets bums on seats now that all the flip-flops have gone home. Don’t mention anywhere in the ad the real hourly rate of £10/hr nor the weekend and bank holiday working, just do 3x15 + 3x13, divide by 10 and then add in the night out money to the figure and a load of impossible to achieve “performance” bonuses and voila! £62k job ! :grimacing:

I bet loads of suckers fall for it though. Bragging rights in the Tesco RDC waiting room, I’m on £62k a year me ! :sunglasses:

Well it was on Facetube so it turned into the usual bun fight after I commented pretty much along your lines with some comments backing me and other comments backing the Co telling of past experiences with them and how good they are etc etc etc. I guess that unless you personally know one of the drivers who’ll be honest about wages, and arguably more importantly what you have to do for those wages, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.