Jersey ferry

chesterred16:

Franglais:
Drop and swap for the Channel Islands?
I’ll have a wee wager it’s Pompey docks. Why put units on the boat when its 99% un-acc?

Yep, you need a permit to run an artic on Jersey (I assume that’s in hand for the crew that’s working there? Here’s the link if not gov.je/Travel/Motoring/Over … s/p30.aspx ). So assuming the ‘shuttle’ vehicle won’t have a permit, and therefore can’t leave the docks, just drop the trailer at Pompey and collect the empty. Job done.

Thanks for the info. I’m sure the powers that be have all the paperwork in hand.
Personally I think it’s more likely to be transferring the load to the crews tanker. The way we do it on the mainland, for a number of reasons. But the gov’ner seemed to think it’ll be d&s. BTW. It’s all non-adr as I saw that may cause an issue.

Franglais:
Drop and swap for the Channel Islands?
I’ll have a wee wager it’s Pompey docks. Why put units on the boat when its 99% un-acc?

We thought that’ll be the better option, but apparently not. It’s probably because the tanker serving the crew working needs to be on the island to off-load when they need it. Having him disappear for 20+ hours, 8 times in 3 weeks would blow their schedules.