Medical cannabis and HGV license

Greenuser:

Zac_A:

Greenuser:
Obviously as a medical user I am exempt from the law regarding thc levels in blood whilst operating a vehicle

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You’re funny, you’d be almost likable if you weren’t intent on threatening the safety of British road users; you are most certainly not exempt.

As I’ve told you before HGV drivers have a whole other level of law enforcement (DVSA & Traffic Commissioner) which trickles down to the haulage industry’s internal regulation system (Transport Managers, like me, who wouldn’t give you the time of day) who are responsible for ensuring drivers adhere to the system of rules.

Why don’t you go an learn to drive a fork lift? It’s far cheaper and you’ll probably get away with drug use more easily and are less likely to go to jail because you won’t be a threat to the road-using public, just the guys you work with…

No offence but I want someone with more knowledge of the law to comment. You’re wasting everyone’s time with incorrect information

To suggest you’re knowledgable on the law and think you’re exempt is scary, as someone who is currently working in the emergency services (will not specify which one) i have seen what happens when people under the influence driving large vehicles can have first hand and its not pretty. The law is very clear, you drive with it in your system and you’re drug wiped, you will be arrested and prosecuted there are no exemptions its as simple as, if you’re a user of the cancard which i’d imagine you are even in their very own FAQ it states the following:

‘Does this mean I can drive?
No, the law is clear on driving under the influence of any intoxicating substance. Prescription cannabis is labelled as ‘do not drive or operate heavy machinery’ and we implore you to be considerate in your actions after you have taken a dose of medicine. Here is some accurate information about how long THC can stay in your system.’

I cannot beleive in this day and age people think its appropriate to suggest they can drive under the influence of any drug that impacts your judgment legal or non legal. My suggestion would bluntly be if you’re in that much pain that you cannot cope without cannabis you may have to look at alternate jobs as driving, loading and unloading can be quite physical.

edit to add to the mods comments, will be interested to hear updates if this thread remains open.