Iveco lorry yay or nay?

Hi guys! I am looking to buy an additional lorry and I really want to hear your opinions on Iveco (Stralis 460 - 2015).
I never owned an Iveco before, focusing only on DAF. I heard from other operators that Iveco is a hit or miss, some of them are reliable some are just problematic. Please feel free to share your experience with Iveco models from 2014-2017. Thanks x

I work for a rdc and they hired in about 10 iveco’s for about 6 months (3-4 years old with between 250000-500000k) and they were ok. In fact the Daf’s have been more trouble than the iveco’s.

The build quality is poor for bits falling off but Daf’s don’t seem much better. You usually have to slam the door twice to get it to shut and when you put the handbrake on, you quite often have to push the handle down twice to stop the alarm going off.

It’s ok for fuel but not in Actros league. For the driver comfort is quite good but Daf is much better, the bunk is hard.

If I went back into owning lorries I would consider one but problem for me is…if you buy scania Volvo daf and it turns out to be a money pit you just think you been unlucky, but if its a iveco you be kicking yourself that you brought a poor quality lorry.

But depending where you are it’s the service you get from your dealer is the make or break for any make of truck you buy.

Buying an Iveco is no different to purchasing any other brand, they have the weaknesses and foibles like everything else.
drivers take great delight in slating them we have a new S way and the driver is constantly being asked if it’s broke down and how long it’s been in the garage which it hasn’t.
They don’t do well in a multi user operation ham fisted drivers pull bits off and dont know how to operate them .
To answer your question I would say yes but try and find a low mileage one with some history and see what work has been done to the dpf/ exhaust, also is there an independent dealer nearby that has some knowledge of the product As he will save you money.
They are a good reliable straight forward truck that will make you money.
If you want any more info PM

stay well clear of Iveco’s, unless you would like to have grey hair early, My former company used to have two stralis 8 years old one engine blew up on M40 on its way to midlands and 3 years old one light keep coming on like a christmas lights on the dashy, ABS, Emission control unit malfuntion, transmission malfunction with some weird codes.

I’ve just spent the last week in a 2016 Stralis 460 Hi-Way, not a fan of driving it, very slow on the get go when at 44ton compared to a similar aged Actros, the gearbox is a bit hit or miss with deciding wether to go for 4th 5th or 6th when pulling away from lights at that weight, it cruises the motorway fine, cab is fairly quiet, Aircon is needing recharged and the sunroof was leaking, the steering wheel feels too bulky when doing manoeuvers in tight spaces, and the handbrake is in way, Im 6’4 and was constantly banging my knee off it

I did like the cab its tall even with a engine hump, i had 3-4 inches of height above me, same with the bunk, it was comfy enough, plenty of room and the mattress is wider at the passenger end, didn’t like that the control box for lights, windows, stereo and things like that are at the other end of the bed on the drivers side. and there isnt anywhere to keep you phone or glasses when you go to nod off. Plenty of storage, fridge is tiny and it was 2 days before I stumbled upon it :unamused:

The stereo shuts down completely when you switch off the truck and has to be turned on separately when you fire up the truck, bluetooth is ok, although takes a while to reconnect, speakers were a bit bass buzzy but thats probably down to age. The steps climbing in and out of the cab, are very slippy when wet, I have lovely bruise on my knee from where I clattered out the bugger at Southwaite services.

Unfortunately, it did have ABS issues, even after being in for repair and service midweek, looking like it could be something more serious than a sensor, and the engine management light came on, after being in the garage.

Its a good workhorse, pulls a load no problem although slowly, didnt have any issues with wheelspin and the like. But if I were to buy a truck I wouldnt think of an Iveco.