AMAZON

Working on said runs for about 3 months now. From what I understand the biggest fish in the pond has a partners program with smaller companies. These smaller companies run the tractor units on lease (mercs or mans) and can only pull trailers for the big fish. Wage is at £32k/year for 5 nights a week. If less than 5 nights a week worked due to lack of loads/cancellation or anything similar, there are no wage deductions. If a 6th night worked (with your agreement as it is not compulsory), £150 on top. Bonus for turning up on time for the whole week is at £40/week. Bonus for 3 consecutive months without any tacho infringements stands at £150/trimester. From what I understand a partner company needs to run 5 or 10 tractors. Drivers wages covered by the big fish.

The article posted at the top of the thread reminds me of another atricle: wsj.com/articles/coronaviru … 1588066200

I guess america is just coming up to terms with what Britain knows since the end of WWII. Give people enough money to stay at home and reflect on their existence, with a pack of B&H and a bottle of Jameson, and some will pretty soon realise that there is no longer a need to provide for yourself and even less to put something into the collective pot.