Avoidable?

yourhavingalarf:

njl:
With a heavy trailer I wouldn’t have fancied a quick swerve over to avoid, if only for the fact of getting straight in lane 2 would be quite a big shift right then left, missing the car but dumping a load out the side of the curtains, taking out the armco down the middle or toppling over a heavy decker would all be a worse outcome in my mind.

He might…

Have been empty?

I could yadder on about load security until hell freezes over but, the short answer is, your load should be secure and able to withstand anything that’s thrown at it. I drive a fridge and you can really crank them over when needed.

He might have been pulling a half loaded tank- just for the sake of it . Two very different animals on the road and not one you throw from lane to lane .
I had a stupid %$"* almost wipe me out yesterday - passing another car coming down a sliproad thats turning from 2 lanes into one which then becomes the running lane of a 4 lane motorway . Rather than stay in the lane shes in she decided to cut me up just to get past the car then passes another car on the now inside lane before moving back into the inside lane to join a queue at the next junction . I did note the cup of coffee in her hand throughout the “manouvere” so I just put it in the "not awake yet but late for work " bin .