Shift work question for the trucking massive

sonflowerinwales:
Thanks for the inputs so far people, what has been said really confirms what we are all feeling.
I did propose the 12 on 12 off cycle for the next campaign, but the works council will not approve that timing!
We came here on Monday 3rd and testing “should” be finished by Sunday 16th.
We all deserve a day off by then…

Franglais; good idea, but as it’s a secure site, we are not allowed to stay here. The hotel is only 4km away though

Thank you and keep your comments coming
Paul

(and I’m paid by the hour :smiley: )

I’ve found 12-ish on 12-ish off quite acceptable for weeks at a time with a day off here’n’there.
Looks to me like it’s the constant day/night cycling that is the trouble. You’re being jet lagged permanently.
I’ve heard it said that those on rotating shifts prefer 2 week cycles on each shift to adapt to them. Changing every week is harder. But what you are doing here is changing twice a week without rest days.
How long are you on these jobs?
Unsustainable in the long term surely, and damaging in even the short term.
12 off sounds nice, but if you’re away from home, not tired at all after a boring short shift? Just thing twiddling your thumbs until your next shift starts? That isn’t very good either.
Maybe I’m reading too much into that last paragraph so ignore if off the mark.
Ed
Each individual is working 12 in 24 anyway, but suffering from changing start times