Local knowledge Dorchester

robroy:
Thanks chaps, that’s where I’ll be parking next time.

Cafe still there btw, didn’t notice if any toilets on site.
Speaking of toilets,.I called in this morning at that BP garage opp ind est entrance, for a coffee and toilet, got the answer …‘Toilets closed’
When asked why,.I got the latest one word conversation stopper/excuse that is totally irrelevant.
‘‘COVID’’'…wtf? :unamused:

A woman on a radio phone in recently said she is curious what all these businesses and organisations are going to do once “due to covid” is no longer a valid excuse. As she pointed out, most every incident of missed deadlines, bad customer service etc covid or social distancing seems to be the reason.

You’d think covid would be a reason for the toilets and wash facilities to be open. I had the pleasure of using 2 portaloo today. No water, just sanitizer dispenser, which was empty at one of them. I have been to various third party customers and supplier sites and, mostly the smaller companies have either allowed use of their regular facilities, or in the case of one place have even changed their 2 male toilets into 1 drivers toilet (which was kept immaculate) and 1 staff toilet. Seems to be the bigger companies with fancy slogans and signs that like the portaloo idea. Sadly, even when the restrictions end, I’m sure the plastic screens and portaloo will remain [emoji849]

The worst part about this is that our company is part of a group, and one of the portaloos mentioned above is at another member of the group!

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk