Stobarts, Yes? Or No?

Ward1969:
Hi, putting out the feelers for your opinions on Stobarts. I’ve been out of the game for a few years and to help get back on the road, I was thinking of going Stobarts. But, I have no idea what they are like these days?
Can someone give me a reality check, at one time they were a huge empire, but now, I hear nothing about them? I don’t think they even have the spotters anymore. I remember last time I was on the trucks, a lot of drivers said they were bad to work for.
They seem to be recruiting a lot these days. I just don’t know if to take that leap or not.
Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

I wouldn’t go down there agency path , I listened to a lass tonight spending 1/2 hr trying to convince me not to leave tomorrow ( thurs ) , but it always came back to the same thing , the lass wanted to sort it but she was controlled by stobarts , so couldn’t do anything at all with out there say so , you’ll just find it very frustrating in the end ( I did ) & just call it a day
Can’t help you with permanent as haven’t done it for years , but mates who do arnt happy over the apx 30 p pay rise
Nb I’m changing to a day shift job for a reasonably big company, pay cut , 12 hr shifts ( mate got recovered from Stamford last week ) how’s that possible on 12 hr days , etc etc , it’s all crap these days , but I can walk to work on this job , only positive I’m seeing , at least it’s something
Best of luck with your search