Licence upgrade

My mate, is thinking about gaining his class 1 licence, he currently has a licence that also includes 7.5 tonnes I think, passed his car test years ago.
Would it just be a case of applying for a digi card and doing 35 hours cpc to drive a 7.5 tonner commercialy, or is there more?
He is also wanting to do his class 2 then 1, would the hours gained by the class 2 and 1 training and test be rolled over for his next 5 years?

weeto:
My mate, is thinking about gaining his class 1 licence, he currently has a licence that also includes 7.5 tonnes I think, passed his car test years ago.
Would it just be a case of applying for a digi card and doing 35 hours cpc to drive a 7.5 tonner commercialy, or is there more?
He is also wanting to do his class 2 then 1, would the hours gained by the class 2 and 1 training and test be rolled over for his next 5 years?

I usually find a post like this on the newbies forum

You have it spot on for digicard and driver cpc 35 hours

Can get some of the next 35 hours by doing C and CE but only with an approved training provider who has those practical courses available
Usually 14 hours for each of them

Cheers ROG, was going to ask you what would happen to the hours gained from C and C+E training, thanks.