New Driver looking for some guidance

markhalliday8:
Hi, I’m a little confused to how POA works. My trucking friend tells me some companies don’t pay when using POA but they use it to prevent themselves going over the weekly working limit.

If I was waiting say two hours for my lorry to be unloaded and reloaded and I used a 45 minute break, would they have to pay me for the remaining hour and twenty five minutes?

Confused to how being a trucker is worth while pay wise if not as half a day could potentially be unpaid if that’s the case.

Really appreciate the advice. I am sorry if this is asked a lot. I’ve spent a few hours googling it and can’t seem to get a solid answer. Appreciate the help!

Speak to the other drivers at your place. They’ll give you the low down on what you need to do so you don’t end up screwed over.

I’m another one in the “don’t use it, it’s a load of ■■■■■■■■” camp. I’m either working (driving or in the back loading/unloading) or I’m on rest. Sometimes I may be having a rest while I’m working :sunglasses: , especially on Fridays.