AEBS. Dare ya

Well I keep thinking, date I see if this new wizardary technology does work… Having watched lots of Ooo-tube videos on Volvo v4 stopping dead 2 inches from car in front no use of foot brake, and Watched a similar Scarrnia video, I keep thinking, does it really work… I’m to chicken to try it…

It fires up on its own when in Londonstian sometimes, dash goes red bells n bleepers going off.

Go for it. It’s only a company car!

Make a pile of empty boxes in a large quiet yard somewhere and try it out, unloaded wagon probably best.

Yeah. But don’t risk injuring innocents.
Aim at a brick wall or concrete bridge support.
Have you got air brakes? Drive over a cliff and see if they haul you up before you kiss the deck.

Mine often comes on , previous generation scania , when the car in front turns left , I assume it believes by him being at right angles to me that he’s still in front , I’ve heard the stories of shot loads etc , but never had that , mine does brake but far from a emergency stop , also done it when I didn’t think I was particularly close to car / lorry in front , but it obviously thought I was too close , again brakes but not a emergency stop , also checked on driver performance & it doesn’t show as harsh brake , which ties in with what I feel & see

There is so much tech on a modern truck and on trailers that most drivers won’t know how it works and what it is actually capable of due to lack of training or instruction on its use.
I would love to have a go off road to experience the capabilities of AEBS like you see on internet videos, just so I know it actually works when you manage to screw up.
Could I trust it? I doubt it, I’ve driven 3 year old trucks with it on and had amber warning lights on the dash board for the AEBS system, and every other system than is supposed to improve safety on the truck.

Mine doesn’t like small white vans. Not Sprinter sized ones, but Kangoo sized ones. It’s really bizarre but if I get within a 100 feet of one of these at any speed from crawling to 56mph it goes ape and stands on the brakes! It’s only the white ones too, any other colour doesn’t bother it at all. It reminds me of HAL from the movie Space Odyssey.

Yeah it does. It probably saved me from a crash on the A14 uphill when the tipper in front slammed on his brakes (lane 2) and my brain froze in disbelief for a brief moment. By the time I realized he actually nearly came to a complete halt from 55 mph (I was already foot on the brake and slowing just not as quickly as the situaltion demanded due to like I said my brain seemed to refuse this is really happening) the beepers went on and auto brakes + ABS activated. I most likely would’ve crashed albeit at a low-ish speed if it weren’t for the AEB