Driver CPC, new guidance

Hi Tachograph, your input to the CPC renewal post was helpful, however i find some of it wrong for the following reasons.
As a previous holder of a class 1 ( CE ) in 2019 i decided not to renew my licence for the hgv, so duly sent it off to dvla and it was returned and i was then 73, but the licence is for 3 years.
Because of grandfathers rights ( pre 97 licence ) i was given my C1 and C1E i am 75 now, so saying that i wouldn’t get it if i was over 70 is wrong ( not having a go btw )
The way i understand the rules is i can drive a vehicle up to 3.5 tons as it is…but i believe to drive up to 7.5 tons i will need a medical and a cpc ( it ran out in 2019 ) is this correct ?

And in my dreams, i won the lotto ( don’t we all ) so i wanted to buy a big American style motorhome ( RV ) and because of its weight ( probably around 8/9 tons maybe more ) i would need a CE licence which is above the 7.5tons category that i hold is this correct ? If so, would i need a cpc or is this only for commercial use, but believe i would obviously need a medical because of my age.

Your views are greatly appreciated, but will not enable you to enter my dream. :smiley: