Driver 'shortage': new report, same old story

So after years of hearing about the ‘driver shortage’ ■■■■■■■■, we’re now being told what the non gullible amongst us already knew…There ain’t a one! :bulb:
No ■■■■ Sherlock eh? :unamused:

That woman’s take on it is absolutely accurate,.and good on her for pointing out the facts.

Who tf in their right mind wants to take up a job with everything she points out, ridiculously long hours for same rate right through , and all the rest of it, working for ■■■■■ who think nothing of you, and for the majority who treat you like school kids with their modern management policies…such as cameras for a start.

As said it will never improve for as long as we have the 80 hour glory boys who relish it :unamused:
In actual fact it’s those lot who exacerbate it. :bulb: :unamused:

Then we have the ones who see it as ‘Just normal’ without really thinking it through…
.‘That’s the nature of the job/always been that way/you’re in the wrong job’ cretins, …
Well as I’ve always said on here, no it isn’t, but that is the way it has evolved (or eroded) from the 12.5 hour spreadovers we once worked at…as that lady points out, proving my point.

Then there’s the rest of us, who know the job has turned into a crock of ■■■■, but still put the hours in as it HAS actually became ‘The done thing’ (ok, I saw the light and cut my hours, but that’s another story)

So I for one am pleased it has finally been recognised by some official body or other how bad this job has become.
Excellent news imo, so hope it’s a green shoot to sort out the crap.

So maybe in years to come (and when I’m well out of it :unamused: ) through time when the 3 categories of drivers mentioned have moved on, …ie. The idiots, The apathetic pacifists, and The reluctant realists, something will HAVE to be done to make this job once more attractive, as it was when I started it, by pulling it in to 21st Century t.s and c.s.instead of 19th century ''kids working down 't pit ‘’ style. :unamused:

Btw I do get why some are going for long hours, those in hock, maintenance of lifestyle and all the rest of it, …but not forgetting the fortunate minority who do it willingly as they know they are being adequately compensated for it through their excellent t.s and c.s, mainly Union firms :bulb:
So maybe there is part of your answer (whether it fits in with your anti union agenda or not) ‘‘If we all stuck together’’ yawn ■■■■ yawn :unamused:
Hell,.even I would be back putting in the hours again if I worked for a good firm, …but not for 10 quid right through ffs. :unamused: