Impossible deadlines

WaggerWagger888:
Grandpa,

Eighteen months to retirement , the way your worrying about the job you won’t make it. If you’ve got any sort of private pension 18months extra paying in will make about a pound aweek difference to it then the state pension will kick in at 65. Get out now before you make yourself ill, Plenty of silly part time jobs about to make your money up to a living wage,thats what I did at 63and I loved it. Sorry if it sounds a bit blunt but if the job affects you like it seems it is give this way some thought.

Old Guys Rule.j

I think he’s trying ( rightly ) to say that there really isn’t many/any ‘silly easy part time’ jobs about.Ironically those that could be are being snapped up by desperate or lazy zb younger workers and then turned to zb because they then ask the guvnor to increase the workload to make their required wage up.Then when they’ve got it they can’t hack it and walk away.While 18 months from pension age ( let alone 5 years for those of us caught in the retirement age escalator ) is as bad as 10-15 years if you’ve only got 6 months worth or less of savings back up even if you haven’t got a mortgage or rent to pay.