Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

Spardo:

pv83:
Came past it last December Dave, was already closed by then… was discussing with my pilot if we would be able to reach that one within the driving hours, to stay on the legal side of things we’ve stopped at the other one, few clicks further up north at the roundabout, is a proper place as well.

Cheers, Patrick

Was it demolished then, or just closed? Fortunately I wasn’t relying on it having seen it on the way up and was planning on parking at my rdv point, about 3 kms east of Argentan on the old N 26. That was open at 7pm but, suspiciously no trucks in the parking so I went into the bar and asked, the bloke waved his hand and said ‘pas de manger’, so I pulled out and set off south again.

Eventually ate and slept at La Route d’Or south of Alencon, a good spot where I have stayed several times. Only problem is as it was Saturday the next day they weren’t open so no early morning coffee. I travelled for 4 hours before I got some with tartine and jam for breakfast, at Vivonne. :smiley:

Normally La route d’Or is special for breakfast because in addition to the usual croissant and pain au chocolat they have a table spread with all sorts of little joys like Madelaines etc. :laughing:

Was just closed, so I thought it was up for sale… wouldn’t have thought they’d smashed the place down…

Been to the La Route d’Or a couple of times, that’s one of my favourites, although the one just north of Château du Loir is another favourite, some proper bavettes there!