Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

Last week I was doing a regular (every month or so) run of mine for a collection at Charles de Gaulle at midday. Then on to all points west and south normally.

If it was an early collection I would go all the way to a routier I know near the airport and start fresh in the morning, but as it is midday I have to do part of the journey there the night before. Up till now it has been the routier at Chatenoy on the D 948, about 1 and a half hours north of Vierzon, but that is too close to the airport and only works with a very late start in the morning.

So, this time I made for one at Vierzon which I only noticed for the first time a few months ago. it is on the D 926 which is effectively a ring road north of the town, and is called La Grotte. Ignore the bad connotations of that name in English (in French it means the cave, or grotto), it is an excellent place. Plenty of hard parking very clean washroom and excellent meal too. I think it has only been built a year or so but keep your eyes open because it is behind a high wall although the routier sign can be seen above it. :smiley: