R.I.P SAVIEM

R.I.P.SAVIEM

Friday,23rd September,2016.Old Time Lorries,TruckNetUK.VALKYRIE.

I’m sorry about this,but I’ve just got to correct a mistake which I made in the following post:-
R.I.P.SAVIEM
Wednesday,21st September,2016.Old Time Lorries,TruckNetUK.VALKYRIE.

Here is the post’s second part:-
WHEEL BLOW UP.
Re the way John passed on:I recall reading in one of the 1984 editions of the great WHEELS & TRACKS Historic & Modern Military Vehicles Magazine,edited by the late great Bart Vanderveen,how a young military vehicle restorer tragically passed on - Patrick was restoring a World War Two Dodge 4x4 and,obviously due to metal fatigue and/or a fault in the welding in the wheel,one of the Dodge’s wheels blew up as Patrick was attending to it…

The correction:So John - SAVIEM went the same way as Patrick,inflating a tyre of his Star Flyer lorry,but the tyre’s wheel disintegrated and blew up,fatally injuring John.
I’ve just re-checked the WHEELS & TRACKS,No.10,news piece on Patrick Hulin of Belgium (which I ought to have done in the first place!),and for the sake of accuracy and respect,it was not the wheel of his WW2 Dodge 4x4 Ambulance that blew up but one of the wheel’s of his WW2 Ford-Willys Jeep that he was restoring.
I well remember how shocked I was when I read this…I had never come across something like this happening before…it was so unexpected…so seemingly unusual.But it was also a brutal REALITY CHECK which I have never forgotten. How many more cases of wheel blow ups have there been? I do urge restorers of historic motor vehicles to carefully check the wheels of their motor vehicles,and to deflate the tyres before taking the wheels off. The wheels want checking in modern testing equipment for cracks,metal fatigue,etc. SAFETY FIRST :slight_smile:
And,as I say:-
My prayers go to John’s family and friends.
As a believer in Life After Death,John - SAVIEM will now be having a great time with his hobbies and interests in the Elysian Fields forevermore :slight_smile:

VALKYRIE