R.I.P SAVIEM

R.I.P.SAVIEM
Wednesday,21st September,2016.Old Time Lorries,TruckNetUK.VALKYRIE.

Although I haven’t posted much on TruckNetUK of late I’m always keeping up to date with the posts on this Old Lorries page,and I always
read SAVIEM’s posts.Besides being a charming man he certainly was very knowlegable on the commercial vehicle industry and the road haulage industry,although he obviously didn’t know everything.It’s a shock that SAVIEM has passed on.I always thought that he had a colourful and interesting life:Lorry driver-owner,commercial vehicle salesman,a road haulier,sales representative for,and employee of,several commercial vehicle manufacturers,a friend of founder-editor of Truck Magazine,Pat Kennett,a friend of several people who were employed in the commercial vehicle industry,a farmer,a owner of several historic commercial vehicles,etc…I wonder how he achieved all these things.

WHEEL BLOW UP.
Re the way John passed on:I recall reading in one of the 1984 editions of the great WHEELS & TRACKS Historic & Modern Military Vehicles Magazine,edited by the late great Bart Vanderveen,how a young military vehicle restorer tragically passed on - Patrick was restoring a World War Two Dodge 4x4 and,obviously due to metal fatigue and/or a fault in the welding in the wheel,one of the Dodge’s wheels blew up as Patrick was attending to it…
My prayers go to his family and friends.
As a believer in Life After Death,John - SAVIEM will now be having a great time with his hobbies and interests in the Elysian Fields forevermore :slight_smile:

VALKYRIE