Documents & equipment required for international journey

MrFlibble:
I’d be interested to know when those regs came into force - I know the sort of sticker you mean, as I’ve seen them on newer trucks with digital tachos, but they’re not on ours, which is the dial-style analogue one. At the time it was stopped (spring 2011), the truck had its initial calibration sticker from 2006, plus an inspection sticker from 2010 (IIRC).

Both stickers were inside the tacho head - long thin ones stuck around the outside rim. Whilst I think the calibration one has the name of the calibration centre, date and signature (but nothing else), the inspection one only had the date and signature. The enforcement bloke refused to accept they were valid, accusing us of forging them, even though I know that they’ve been done by an approved tacho centre.

One of the two trucks was only recalibrated early last year, and I know that one doesn’t have the detailed sticker you’re suggesting.

I wonder if we’ve been done over by the tacho centre…

An analogue tachograph needs recalibrating every 6 years and inspecting every 2 years.

Remove all existing inspection/calibration plaques and replace with a new calibration plaque.

I doubt you are going to get much joy now, from last spring, but striking whilst the iron was hot may have saved the company money and delays.

You can request to see the records from your tachograph calibration centre. They must record all the plaques issued for 6 years on the form GV212

dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/G … 202008.pdf